In marking the new times ahead, one will have to carve out choices that may go against the grain. The grain of your internal emotion versus the external surrounding. And through it all, you suggest to yourself, the one who speaks his mind does his own kind. More and more, this is apparent. For and for, this is transparent.
Life is aboout making choices.
And I struggle at times, as the bigger choices we make in life tends to affect the people around us. Not negative I would say, but the choices you make tends to involve other people's opinion into your thought process. It's also difficult when you're trying to have an objective discussion but emotions always, always, come into play - simply because we all somewhat, carry a different school of thought; a sense of belonging for our own individualism.
A lacking sense of cohesiveness.
The fact that I have spent nearly a year in and out monitoring the progress of this apartment has opened up many new shades of the reality and the actual harshness about life. I had to deal directly with some people which I utterly dislike but I gave my most personal objective focus in the situation. The lines were never clearly drawn. To some degree, I had myself to blame for being too nice & lenient about matters. Well, that was then.
Although, I hold on to that phrase saying....I am still a nice person. It doesn't work always in the context when dealing with monetary jobs. You really have to be watchful and keep close to the ground. Everyone loves to blow their own trumpets from time to time. Some people uses a flute to sound like an orchestra which only in their minds, know what they were thinking!
The world of business substantiates that. My corporate life substantiates that. I'm trying to clear the clouds of blurred lines right now. Although it's still much of a learning process, but I have enough in me to speak my mind and to say, no this is incorrect. The approach should be done this way because of 1), 2), 3).
My only fear? The emotional temperament gets the better of the objective personality.
I believe its a from of training. As I handle the matters of the apartment, I remember throwing myself back in the days when I first returned to Malaysia running a F&B setup. That was one portion of my life I would always remember and the people involved. If I ever see those shadows again, I will pierced them with my thoughts. It was a tough smashing. But we learn, we all learn.
And I made sure, that never happened again. I am making sure that things that matter to me won't land up in those positions again. Not me, the apartment, or my job or my priorities. It takes a lot of guts to make choices. It takes a lot of discipline and wise discernment to make timely choices. Both are very different. Both exercise different sorts of skill set. They somewhat need a combination of knowledge, experience and a degree of confidence.
This year, I feel like I'm making the mark to the next level - after years of absorbing.
Life is aboout making choices.
And I struggle at times, as the bigger choices we make in life tends to affect the people around us. Not negative I would say, but the choices you make tends to involve other people's opinion into your thought process. It's also difficult when you're trying to have an objective discussion but emotions always, always, come into play - simply because we all somewhat, carry a different school of thought; a sense of belonging for our own individualism.
A lacking sense of cohesiveness.
The fact that I have spent nearly a year in and out monitoring the progress of this apartment has opened up many new shades of the reality and the actual harshness about life. I had to deal directly with some people which I utterly dislike but I gave my most personal objective focus in the situation. The lines were never clearly drawn. To some degree, I had myself to blame for being too nice & lenient about matters. Well, that was then.
Although, I hold on to that phrase saying....I am still a nice person. It doesn't work always in the context when dealing with monetary jobs. You really have to be watchful and keep close to the ground. Everyone loves to blow their own trumpets from time to time. Some people uses a flute to sound like an orchestra which only in their minds, know what they were thinking!
The world of business substantiates that. My corporate life substantiates that. I'm trying to clear the clouds of blurred lines right now. Although it's still much of a learning process, but I have enough in me to speak my mind and to say, no this is incorrect. The approach should be done this way because of 1), 2), 3).
My only fear? The emotional temperament gets the better of the objective personality.
I believe its a from of training. As I handle the matters of the apartment, I remember throwing myself back in the days when I first returned to Malaysia running a F&B setup. That was one portion of my life I would always remember and the people involved. If I ever see those shadows again, I will pierced them with my thoughts. It was a tough smashing. But we learn, we all learn.
And I made sure, that never happened again. I am making sure that things that matter to me won't land up in those positions again. Not me, the apartment, or my job or my priorities. It takes a lot of guts to make choices. It takes a lot of discipline and wise discernment to make timely choices. Both are very different. Both exercise different sorts of skill set. They somewhat need a combination of knowledge, experience and a degree of confidence.
This year, I feel like I'm making the mark to the next level - after years of absorbing.

0 Responses to “Making the mark”
Post a Comment